If your computer doesn’t have a microphone, don’t worry-your phone is still lucky. Some free tools can make your Android phone a mature microphone for your laptop or desktop. In this article, let us look at three simple ways to use an Android phone as a PC microphone.
How to use an Android phone as a PC microphone
Most modern Android phones are equipped with high-quality microphones, which can easily be used as the preferred microphone for online video courses or work meetings. Except for other purposes such as recording, you can also use your phone as a microphone or play games on your PC. All you need is a tool that can stream audio from the phone microphone to the PC.
1. Use my microphone
WO Mic is a popular tool that can turn your mobile phone into a computer microphone. It is completely free and anyone can use it by following the steps below.
Step 1-Install WoMic on your phone and PC
- First, download and install Wo Mic Desktop Client On your PC.
- Then, install Wo Microphone Android App Download from the Google Play store on your phone.
- Open the Wo Mic application on your phone and PC.
Step 2-Verify that the Wo Mic device is working properly
Step 3-Connect the phone
- Connect the phone to the PC via a USB data cable. Make sure that USB debugging is enabled.
- On the Wo Mic app on your phone, tap Play The button in the upper right corner starts the server.
- If prompted, grant permission.
- In the Wo Mic desktop client, click connect > connect.
- Then, choose USB And click connect again.
- If prompted, accept the USB debugging authorization on the phone.
- If the connection fails, please try again.
Step 4-Check if your phone is used as a microphone
- The Wo Mic application should now start streaming audio from your phone’s microphone to your PC.
- You can check in any recording or call application.
- Or, click Options In the Wo Mic desktop application.choose Play in speakers.
- If everything is normal, you can hear the sound captured by the phone microphone. Make sure your PC is not muted.
You can connect Wo Mic to your mobile phone through the other channels given below.
- Bluetooth: If you haven’t paired your phone with your computer. Turn on Bluetooth on your phone and computer.
- wireless online: Turn on Wi-Fi on your phone and computer, and connect them to the same Wi-Fi network or hotspot.
- Wireless direct connection: Open the SoftAP on the phone and connect the PC to this AP.
You can change the connection method, control port and audio source microphone in the Wo Mic application settings.
2. Use EZ Microphone
EZ Mic is another free software that allows you to use Android or iPhone as a microphone for your PC. You can use it as a substitute for Wo Mic.
Step 1-Install EZ Mic on your phone and PC
- Download and install EZ Small Desktop Client On Mac or Windows PC.
- Then, install EZ Mic mobile app On your Android phone.
- Open the application on your phone and PC.
- You will now see the EZ Mic application in the Windows notification area.
Step 2-Connect the phone
- Make sure your phone and PC are on the same Wifi network.
- On your phone, tap Find In the EZ Mic app.
- Please wait for it to find your PC.
- Click your PC name when it appears.
- If prompted, allow access to the microphone.
- Once connected, the PC icon should turn green.
Step 3-Check if your phone’s microphone is working properly on the PC
To check if your phone’s microphone is working properly on your PC, you can try any recording software or calling application. However, there is another way, as shown below:
- Open control panel On your PC.
- Here, click Hardware and sound.
- choose Manage audio devices Under the sound.
- Go to Recording tab.
- Here, click and double-click the EZ microphone.
- Go to hear Label.
- Check the box Listen to this device And hit Application.
- You should now be able to hear the sound captured by the phone on your PC.
- This means that the phone works as the input microphone of the PC.
If you experience delays, please check the connection. In addition, open the task manager on your PC and set EZ Mic and related services to high priority.
notes: The free version of EZ Mic disconnects every four minutes. You have to reconnect it again, which can be annoying. If you plan to purchase the premium version, please make sure that the software runs normally on all your devices.
3. On video calling platforms such as Google Meet and Zoom
Popular video calling platforms such as Google Meeting, Microsoft Team, with Skyrocket Lets you join through the audio of your phone. This gives you another option to use your phone as a microphone to make video calls with a desktop or laptop computer.
Zoom allows you to join the audio by calling yourself or dial into the meeting manually. Similarly, on Google Meet, you can use join audio over the phone, whether before joining or during a meeting.
This is a detailed guide Use your phone as a speaker and microphone for Google Meet.
These are three easy ways to use an Android phone as a PC microphone. For me, Wo Mic works best because it is easy to set up and can be connected via USB or wireless channels. In any case, if other methods do not work properly, it should be a good enough alternative. Please let me know your experience in the comments below.
You can also follow us at the following locations to get instant technical news Google News Or comments about tips and tricks, smartphones and gadgets, please join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group Or subscribe to the latest commentary video GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.