After being announced at Samsung’s Unpacked event last month, WeChat Now finally launched the iOS to Android chat migration function. It is currently available for iPhone and some Samsung smartphones. This is a step-by-step guide on how to officially move or transfer your WhatsApp chat content from iPhone to Android without paying any third-party software fees.
Related | 2 ways to know how many WhatsApp groups you belong to
Transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android
Earlier, migrating WhatsApp from iPhone to Android was a headache. This is because Android backs up WhatsApp chats to Google Drive. On iOS, the backup goes to iCloud. Both have different formats and are not interchangeable.
Users have no choice but to use third-party tools or even pay for them. However, WhatsApp’s new chat migration feature seems to be changing. Currently, people can migrate data from iOS to some Samsung Android phones.
Currently, Samsung smartphones running Android 10 or higher and Samsung Smart Switch app version 126.96.36.199 or higher will support chat history migration from iPhone. Other requirements and steps are as follows.
- Samsung mobile phones equipped with Android 10 and Smart Switch 188.8.131.52.
- An iPhone.
- WhatsApp 184.108.40.206 or higher on iOS.
- WhatsApp 220.127.116.11 or higher on Android.
- A USB-C to Lightning cable (included in the box of the new iPhone).
Step 1-Connect iPhone and Android via cable
- Unlock your Samsung phone and use a USB Type-C to Lightning cable to connect it to the iPhone.
- You will receive a “Choose Application for USB Device” notification on your Samsung device.
- choose Smart switch then click just one time.
- It will now ask you to check your iPhone.Click on Believe Allow access on iPhone.
- Click on Next On Samsung phones.
Step 2-Select the data to be transferred
- Wait for the Smart Switch to search for the data to be transferred.
- When finished, it will display all the content that can be extracted from the iPhone, including calls, messages, applications, images, videos, etc.
- choose application with Data from iPhone app (And any other data you want to migrate).
- Once it shows the list of apps on the iPhone, make sure WhatsApp is selected and click Install.
Step 3-Scan the QR code
- Smart Switch will now display a QR code to transfer WhatsApp chat history.
- Open camera Scan the QR code on your Samsung phone on your iPhone.
- one Open in WhatsApp A prompt will appear after scanning the QR code. click it.
- This will take you to the “Move chat to Android” window on your iPhone.
Step 4-Start WhatsApp transfer from iPhone to Android
- On the “Move chat to Android” screen on your iPhone, click Start.
- It will now say “Continue to use your new phone” and start data transfer.
- You will be able to see the progress on the Samsung phone. Make sure to keep the screen on and do not disconnect the cable.
- then click Go to home screen On Samsung phones.
- Wait for it to organize the data you transfer.
- You can check the progress in the notification panel.
Step 5-Open and set up WhatsApp
- WhatsApp will be automatically installed on your Android phone.
- Open it and log in with your mobile number.
- You will enter the “Import Chat History” page.Click on Start.
- Allow permissions for contacts and files. Wait for it to import the chat history.
- When you see the “Import Complete” message, click Next.
- Enter your name and you are ready to start.
You can now use the chat history on your iPhone to use WhatsApp on your Android phone. All WhatsApp messages and chat data, including photos and videos, are now transferred to your Android phone.
To view the chat migration process in detail, please view the following YouTube video:
This is about how to use the official chat migration feature to move or transfer WhatsApp chats and data from Android to iPhone. Although this feature is currently only available on selected Samsung phones, we expect it to be available to other Android devices in the future. This will solve the problem of losing WhatsApp chat or paying for third-party tools when switching phones. stay tuned.
You can also follow us at the following locations to get instant technical news Google News Or comments about tips and tricks, smartphones and gadgets, please join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group Or subscribe to the latest commentary video GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.