this hot coco Combines rich, decadent dark chocolate and maple syrup, the sweetness of cocoa powder and the finishing touch of sea salt.Curl up and have a cup of this delicious Maple Sea Salt Hot Chocolate.
Maple Sea Salt Hot Chocolate
Forget the packaged hot cocoa mixture and make hot chocolate at home. This homemade hot chocolate recipe is very sweet and is topped with maple syrup and sprinkled with a little flaky salt.
Who doesn’t like the perfect combination of sweet and salty? When you want to drink a sweet drink, you can drink a large glass of these naturally sweet hot cocoa.
Why do we like this hot chocolate
- You only need 5 ingredients.
- This hot chocolate is ready in 10 minutes.
- No artificial sweeteners.
- When the weather is cold, it is the perfect cream and hot drink.
The ingredients you need
You only need 5 ingredients to mix this delicious hot chocolate. This is a simple formula with simple ingredients.
- milk: We use unsweetened almond milk to make this hot chocolate. Be sure to use unsweetened milk so you can determine how sweet your hot chocolate is.
- dark chocolate: Buy yourself high-quality bittersweet chocolate or dark chocolate. The better the chocolate, the better your hot chocolate.
- cocoa powder: This is another ingredient that the higher the quality, the better the hot chocolate.
- Maple sugar: The sweetness of this hot chocolate comes from the delicious maple syrup.
- sea salt: You can add a little sea salt to this hot chocolate to get the perfect combination of saltiness and sweetness.
If you don’t have all the ingredients on this list, there are some great ingredient swaps.
Almond milk —> vanilla soy milk, oat milk, 2% milk
Dark chocolate -> semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate, premium chocolate chips or any chopped chocolate.
Sea salt -> If you don’t want salty hot chocolate, try adding a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. You can also add a teaspoon of vanilla instead.
How to make maple sea salt hot chocolate
- Warm almond milk. Add almond milk to a saucepan and heat it over medium heat. Be sure not to heat the milk at high temperatures, otherwise the milk will burn.
- Add other ingredients. Stir the chopped chocolate, cocoa powder, and maple syrup together until the chocolate melts and the ingredients are mixed together.
- Heat the hot chocolate. Once all the ingredients are mixed together, heat them over medium heat until they are simmered slowly or the hot chocolate reaches the temperature you want.
- Add toppings. When the hot chocolate is edible, pour it into a cup and top with whipped cream or marshmallows.
Add some spice. Have you heard of adding a little chili to hot chocolate? This is sacred. When adding the remaining ingredients, add 1/4 teaspoon to the hot chocolate.
Make it richer. If you want thick and rich hot chocolate, use half or half of coconut milk instead.
Match different ingredients. If you are looking for an alternative to whipped cream or marshmallows, try coconut whipped cream. You can also sprinkle some mint cubes, chocolate chips, or even sprinkle some.
Fun way to serve this hot chocolate
Add espresso. If you need a little caffeine, add a cup of espresso. It is basically a mocha coffee.
Put it on ice. Feel like you want a cold drink? Pour the cooled hot chocolate on ice cubes and drink it as a cold drink.
If you make a batch of hot chocolate that is a bit old, you can store it in an airtight jar or a mason jar with a lid and reheat it when you want to eat hot chocolate again.
How to freeze hot chocolate
To make your hot chocolate have a longer shelf life, pour the cooled hot chocolate into an ice tray and freeze. Transfer the hot chocolate ice cubes to a plastic freezer bag.
To reheat the ice cubes, add them to a small saucepan and heat them over a low heat. Let them melt, then turn the heat to medium heat.
- 2 cups Milk, any kind (we use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1-ounce.dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Maple syrup (or more, to taste)
- A pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Put the almond milk in a small saucepan. Use medium/high temperature heating.
- After heating, add dark chocolate, cocoa powder, maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt. Use a whisk or a hand-held milk whisk until the cocoa powder is dissolved and mixed.
- Continue to heat and stir the hot chocolate over medium/high heat until just before boiling. You want to make sure not to burn the milk, but make sure that the dark chocolate melts and blends.
- Once the dark chocolate is completely melted and the hot chocolate is hot, you can enjoy it with your favorite whipped cream!
Serving size: 1/2
sugar: twenty one