That disposable cutlery has emerged as the most economical and efficient solution for indoor and outdoor catering activities. Future Market Insights (FMI) has forecast in a new study that the market will post 0.9% year-on-year growth in 2021 after posting negative returns in 2020.
The global disposable cutlery market is expected to break away from a linear transition and move towards an exponential transition between 2022 and 2031 at a CAGR of 4%, reaching US$2.4 billion by the year 2031.
The use of disposable cutlery in hotels, pubs, bars and beyond was a game-changer. For example, these cutlery pieces are in great demand for more comfort and hygiene in schools and offices. The convenience of use and affordable price of disposable cutlery with the availability of donated and boxed types are driving its growth.
request sample @
Disposable spoons are expected to remain in high demand. While plastic still accounts for the majority of disposable spoons sold around the world, consumers are gradually switching to wooden spoons. Utility and throwing wooden spoons are common in countries like India, France and others that have strict regulations against the use of plastic.
Key insights from the disposable cutlery market
- FMI Presents Positive Outlook for Disposable Cutlery Market After the market reported negative growth amid COVID-19, the market is expected to show a CAGR of 4.4% between 2021 and 2031
- S. is expected to account for 86% of disposable cutlery sold in North America
- K’s recovery from COVID-19 will be slow and steady. FMI forecasts 1% year-on-year growth for 2021
- The prospects for Germany and Spain remain positive
- China will lead East Asia, while South Asia growth is expected to be led by India
“Leading companies are launching disposable cutlery in a variety of materials with attractive looks and special applications to increase customer satisfaction.