This Mexican casserole Packed in ground beef, rice, peppers, onions, pinto beans and Mexican flavors, you can easily enjoy a pot of rice.
The easiest Mexican casserole
Start your week and make this super easy Mexican casserole dinner! We are all about minced beef recipes. There are a lot of different meals, you can make hastily with ground beef.
All the reasons we love this Mexican casserole
- You only need to stain a plate!
- You can throw everything into the casserole, mix, and bake.
- This is a great weekend dinner, full of flavour.
- This Mexican casserole will leave a lot of leftovers. This is a great week to prepare meals.
- It can be placed in the refrigerator, and there are many different ways of serving!
The ingredients you need
The ingredient list of this casserole is all staple food in the pantry! Check everything you need.
- Ground beef- Our ground beef uses 93/7% fat content, but you can use any ground beef you like.
- Minced garlic-Whether you use garlic cloves or pre-chopped garlic, don’t skip it!
- Bell pepper– The bell peppers in this Mexican beef skillet add both vegetables and flavor. We used red pepper and green pepper, but you can use any color you like!
- White onion– Onions add a good base and onion flavor.
- Instant meal– Yes, instant meal! You can use white or brown instant rice. We use instant rice instead of regular rice to shorten the cooking time! We do not recommend using regular rice in this recipe.
- beef soup-You need a little liquid to help cook the rice.We like to use beef broth because it has an amazing taste
- ketchup– We like to be playful Ground beef tacos The tomato sauce in the Mexican casserole adds to your favorite traditional taco flavor.
- green pepper– These peppers add a little extra excitement to your beef casserole!
- Pinto beans– Add a little protein and some pinto beans to this Mexican beef casserole!
- sweet corn-Another great vegetable addition.
- spices– The spices we use in Mexican casseroles are basically the same as what we use in our DIY taco seasoning. Chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and salt!
- Shredded cheddar cheese– Sprinkle a little cheddar cheese at the end of the casserole baking time to get a delicious cheese topping.
Delicious topping selection
This delicious Mexican casserole has layers of delicious ingredients. One way to really enhance this recipe is to add some ingredients when serving this casserole to the family.
- Sour cream or greek yogurt
- Chopped coriander
- Corn flakes
Isn’t everything on the ingredient list for this Mexican casserole? Don’t be afraid, here are some great ingredient swaps!
- Ground beef —> Try ground turkey or ground chicken!
- Bell pepper—>You can use bell peppers of any color! If you like spicy things, try adding jalapeno or poblano peppers!
- White onion—> Onions of any color are suitable for this recipe.
- Pinto beans—> Not a zebra? Try black beans!
- Canned corn—> In this casserole recipe, polenta is also a good supplement or substitute for corn.
How to make this Mexican beef casserole
This Mexican casserole is really easy to make. This is how you do it!
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Before adding the ground beef to the greased casserole, cook the ground beef completely in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except cheese) to the casserole and mix.
- Bake the casserole at 375ºF for 45 minutes, then add the cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes.
Different ways to serve this Mexican casserole
Looking for other ways to use this Mexican casserole? You can eat this casserole yourself and scoop it up with some French fries, but if you prepare meals for the week, here are some more interesting ways to eat this casserole!
- Make a burrito! Add 1/2 cup to 1 cup casserole to the large tortilla, and add some salsa, guacamole, cheese, and Greek yogurt.
- Try the Taco Salad. Put some spinach or Massage Kale In a bowl, put some Mexican casseroles on top.
- Make a burrito bowl. To make a burrito bowl at home, add this casserole to a bowl with vegetables, Coleslaw, Guacamole and salsa!
You can store this Mexican casserole in an airtight container for up to 5 days! Before putting the casserole in the refrigerator, make sure that the casserole has completely cooled down.
Can I freeze this?
Yes! You can freeze this recipe. Let the casserole cool completely, then place it in a gallon bag to vent the air, and then place it in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- 1 Pounds of ground beef (we used 93/7% fat)
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 Large green pepper, diced
- 1 Large red pepper, diced
- 1/2 Large white onion, diced
- 1.5 cups Min white/brown rice* (This Is the brand we use. Either white or brown)
- 2 cups Beef soup (chicken soup is also ok)
- 1 15 oz.Can ketchup
- 1 4 oz.Is green chili okay?
- 1 15 oz.Can be pinto beans, drain and rinse
- 1 15 oz.Can sweet corn, drain and rinse
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Shredded mexican cheddar cheese
- Prepare: First, preheat the oven to 375ºF, then spray a 9×13 inch casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef: Put the ground beef in a frying pan and cook over medium/high heat until fully cooked. It takes about 7-10 minutes. If you use fatter beef, drain the excess fat from the beef.
- mix: Transfer the cooked meat to the casserole, then add the remaining ingredients (minus the cheese) to the casserole and stir to combine.
- bake: Cover the casserole with tin foil and bake at 375ºF for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven, mix, sprinkle with cheese, and bake for another 5 minutes without lid.
- Let the casserole sit on the stove for 10-15 minutes to further thicken.
Tips and considerations
- When your leftover casserole is left in the refrigerator overnight, it will thicken.
- On March 26, 2020, we slightly reduced the amount of beef broth based on reader feedback.
Serving size: 1/6
protein: twenty two
Key words: Mexican casserole